Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Love Love

"True Story: There was a Catholic Priest given the death penalty for his love of God. From prison, he wrote many letters encouraging others to remain faithful to God, and reminding them of His never ending love for them. .... his name? Fr. Valentine! (now a Saint)......don't forget the 'reason for the season' - remind others today of God's love for them!"

This was my sister's post on facebook yesterday and I loved it.  It put love in perspective. I often paint a picture perfect marriage for Jacob and I on here. I don't really feel like blogging about the times we argue or cry or struggle. But we have been through our share of struggles and it is important to praise God for the security he gives us in Him and his unconditional love for us. We made a promise to each other and sometimes that is what keeps us going. We have to choose to love. I bet St. Valentine had to choose to be positive and encouraging as he was sitting in jail! Praise God for the Saints! 

Anyway, I love my dear husband and we had a lovely night reading old love notes, dancing, and renewing our love for each other with what else other than a rousing game of scrabble!? Jacob won but I'm not bitter. :) 

Anyway, here are a few pieces of the love in our home:


I could die just looking at this picture


Loves knowing what's going on


Our love multiplied!

Yep that's Gianna


We always match on Valentine's day

2 comments:

  1. that is THE happiest little girl I've ever seen! and you are just GORGEOUS my dear! Can't wait to see you in just a few more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just re-discovering your blog. I "love" that you "love" my post about "love" - - are you feeling the "love?"

    It was strange when I posted that. I just felt compelled to write a little something about the reality of the day in which our culture has created into a chocolate selling, flower buying frenzy..... I think that people are hungry for that though, because at least 10 people re-posted it on their FB that day. (geesh, it's like I should write a book or something :) )

    ReplyDelete